Saturday, April 08, 2006

The return of the tall dark shadow...



Today, or yesterday if you to take into account that im writing this after 12, was the day that i had MY MOST EXHUASTING DANCE UP TO DATE!!!! wahahahahaha!!!!

Anyway, the day started out quite normal as every other day. Woke up to LUNCH at 12.30 ( i can think of so many names now that will want to hunt me down for that...wahahahah), hauled my lazy ass around the house abit before i left home at 3+.

Took a long long bus ride (198) down to queensway to settle some stuff for the SNU shirts... Well, sometimes i just lurve long solitary bus and train rides and walks.

With my trusty zen neeon, these long and slow rides become time to think about stuff. Just staring out into the changing scenery with different songs being popped into your head. These songs totally affect my mood. Sometimes, i just get this " hmm... i just feel like im in a movie" feeling. I like to be around people and i love company but i can never imgaine life without these precious moments of solitary self relfectionish alone time. Yesh... maybe im just wierd...wahahahah.

Back to queensway and the shirts, it seems harder than i thought it would be to get it all rolled out. Sigh.... guess i'll just try my best and hopefully we'll be able to get them in time for our kl trip.

After queensway, i headed down to orchard far east to get my hair cut at pointers. Now, my hair is short cropped and i like it that way. The cut was rather funny cos the hairdressers were yakking away in cantonese between themselves. Seriously loads of crap. The best part was, they didnt noe that i knew how to speak cantonese too!!! wahahahahah!!! i was seriously trying to keep a straight face throughout my hair cut...lol..

Upon leaving pointers, I realised that i was still way too early. It was 5.30 but i was supposed to meet the gang at 7.30. Decided to take a slow walk down orchard road to plaza sing. Along the way, there were many surveyors ( those pesky people that keep stopping you and ask you to take surveys). Well, i put on my earphones and let my zen entertain me along the way. I felt like a sheep trying to dodge numerous preying wolves. Talk about a big sheep...hahahah. I felt like so exposed..hahaha like everyone of them was like staring at me cos im like so hard to miss...hahahah.

Surprisingly, i was only stopped twice along the way. I think listening to earphones and constantly putting on a " come near me and i'll break yer pesky pen into 2 and stomp on the broken pieces until they become even smaller pieces" helped..... wahahahahahhah...

Eventually met up wif the gang and had ajisen ramen for dinner. Black pepper beef ramen was nice but i liked the soft shell crab better. Soft shell crab is like THE food lor...hahahaha. It ranks like in the top 10 out of my list of young's top 137 favourite dishes...waahahaha. Unlike normal crab where you have to like crack the shell open and painstakingly dig for the precious few morsels of meat while geting your hands all greasy and dirty, you can just take up whole pieces of golden fried soft shell crab in tasty batter, with shells and all, place it in your mouth and start chewing. Besides, i find that it tastes great,maybe even better than normal chilli or butter crabs!!!! Talk about hassle free delicacy....hahahah. Mmmmmm wad's life without soft shell crabs man...hahahahahah

After our satisfying dinner, we went down to ladc for an equally satisfying night of salsa!!! (for me at least...lol) Somehow, i found that there were more people this time around compared to last week. Not a bad thing considering the fact that most of them were pros... I counted at least 2 instructors (excluding ladc ones) from calienta and enmotion. As mentioned before, the music was good and so were the ladies...hahahahah

This was when, i had MY MOST EXHUASTING DANCE UP TO DATE!!!! (in a good way that is) wahahahahahah. There was this particular lady whom i guess was from enmotion cos she came with gary whom i danced wif. She wore a black dress with no specs. I was very impressed by her when she made an appearance with gary. She could really move man. My jaw dropped when she and gary were dancing.

I was so utterly impressed by her that i made up my mind to dance wif her. Well i knew that she was definately way way better than me but who cares...lol... This is young we're toking about here...hahahahah.

Well, later that night, i managed to grab hold of her for a dance. Almost imediately, i felt that i sort of bit off more than i could chew.....hahahahahahah...

For starters, boy can she REALLY GROOVE MAN!!!!!! All the isolation, styling and drop dead sexy moves!!!! WOAH!!!!! I was like OMG... shit i better do something too man!!!! I mean got to pei he a bit right... cannot machiam a block of wood lidat wad...hahahah No matter wad i also I4 2nd lesson standard liao wad....hahahahahah

So, i started to go into a frenzy of fancy footwork and threw in some body movement which lasted throughout the whole song.

Besides that, i realised she gave a hell lot of tension. I have never encountered a lady who gave sooooo much tension, even more than grace!!!! Thus, i had to return alot of tension too!!! It somehow felt like i was wrestling wif her!!! It was that much tension. However, i found out from some of the onlookers after the dance that it didnt really seem like there was much tension between us. Oh wells...hahahahah

Well, she could really follow very well. I could lead her into most of the stuff that i wanted to do but since we were dancing to a really fast track, i din have enuff time to pull off the more fanciful turn patterns. However, apparently there was this time that i tried to make her do multiple spins which looked quite forceful cos i didn really prep her very well. She still managed to do it wif much effort but it seemed that after that she was rather pissed and actually stared at me. I didn really notice it during the dance but elieen and jean or alan pointed it out to me after dance....lol

Well, if your are reading this, i'll apologise. Im sorry... Well sometimes i find a gal that can really spin very well get so caught up by that fact that i just start spinning and spinning the lady. I just get too caught up in the dance i guess...lol I'll keep in mind to prep the lady better from now on:)

As a whole, other than that unpleasant multiple spin, i would say that the dance was still pretty smooth and look relatively good.( I asked the rest who say us before i came to this conclusion...lol) Mostly due to that ladies movement and styling. On my side, at least the foot work and movement didnt look too bad...hahahaha.

That dance left both of us utterly exhausted (for me at least...hahah). Immediately after saying thanks and stuff, i was so tired that i half stumbled my way to the nearest fan that i could find to cool down. I didn even manage to ask for her name....wahahahah. Even after a good 3 mins in
front of the fan, i was still so wet that i decide to change into my spare t shirt that i always bring along when salsaing in case i perspire too much. hahahahaha.

Thank you lady in black sooo much!!! i really appreciate that dance :p

Being a lil' thick skin works sometimes.....hahahahahah =P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home