Sunday, April 16, 2006

The run



Woah... wad a crappy week it has been. Finally, it has come to an end:)

Am truly looking forward to a brand new week, my ORD date ( 9 more days!!!), the completion of the SNU shirts and also the much anticipated KL trip!!! i just can't wait :D

Oh wells, a while a go, i went for a run around my neighbourhood, more precisely, along the jurong canal. Nothing special about it. Just felt that the weather WAS inviting and i just felt like running...hahahaha. I realised that i had never loboed 1 whole day and gave myself so much alone time for the whole of last week..hahaha

When i went down to the park to start my warm up and stuff, it suddenly started to DRIZZLE!!!! Wad de hell!!!! hahahaha talk about erratic weather man. It has been raining so much these few days like some pipe had just burst somewhere up there.....hahaha.

Well, most normal sane people would most probably just abolish the idea of outdoor activities, let alone running, at the sight of impending rain. I weighed my options. A, i could just walk a few steps back to the lift and go home, take a nice warm bath and dinner followed by some nice sunday chill out time or B, continue with my warm up and run, risking being caught in a heavy rain in the middle of my run and risk catching a cold and stuff...hahaha. I pondered over it for a second and went ahead with option B. Maybe i wasnt thinking at all but i really felt like running....hahahaha.... talk about determination man... wads a few rain drops....lol

After my warm up, i started my run admist the falling rain. It wasnt that heavy so i didnt really care much about it. As i jogged ( or panted) my way along my route, i realised one thing. It seemed that evety thing seemed so much more serene.... .... Everything seemed extra calm, extra cool. Life sorta slowed down.

There wasn't the usual couples cuddling one another along the benches or the congregations of youngsters hanging out chilling, the occasional guy or gal just walking along yakking away on their mobiles or that mom or dad dragging their kid along. It seemed that the drizzle was like a huge imaginary blanket that covered the whole of the neighbourhood, urging some to take things slow and others to just go and sleep.

Other than a couple of equally crazy fitness fanatics that were jogging too and the few solitary hardcore fishing fanatics clsd in rain coats (i really wonder if they actually caught any fish from the canal, would they dare to eat it?) huddling along the canal waiting for a bite on their lines, there was no sign of life. Everything seemed all so tranquil.... ...

To me, it was the perfect way to end a crazy week. Some nice, relaxing (oki maybe not that relaxing since i was running...hahah), peaceful alone time for myself to clear my head, think about the week that has passed and also to look forward to a brand new week ahead... ...

Sometimes, i wonder wad drives me to do crazy things like running in the rain...hahahaha

I might just catch that cold now...lol :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home