Saturday, June 10, 2006

The curve

Im watching the opening world cup 06 match as im typing this. Germany vs Coasta Rica. Im not much of a soccer fan but it just hapened to be on the tv so....lol Current score line is GER 3, CRC 1...

Anyways, i haven't been updating cos my life has been a bore. There hasn't been any alien abductions, union's covercharge is still 8 bucks from mon till thurs and i haven't developed X-ray vison or grew an extra arm.

Life has been platonic to say the least. Before i go on, i'ld like to wish sondha a belated birthday and joon a happy birthday... May both of yer dreams and wishes come through :)

Back to my life, the last week has been a downright boring. Monday went on as usual except for bachata lesson. Am so looking forward to dancing bachata, close contact leading, with mi mates at union. Problem is that by de time they place bacahta, my shirt would already be disgustingly wet...hahaha

Tuesday was normal. Slept till late, bummed around house and went down to union. It suxed... for me at least. Lack of space = constantly bumping into people = no nice moves = sucky dances... haiz

Wednesday was depressing cos of something. Don't ask me what. Didn't go down to union.

Thursday was gloomy too due to something related to wednesday but it turned out ok after a while, kinda like a silver lining.Union sucked too... I found de music a tad bit boring and i was a bit sick of my routine. My shirt smelled funny after a while too... sigh... Weel at lest i learnt a couple of new moves from greg and jeffery.

Friday was a bit better. Watched a new anime i bought. "Desert Punk". Seriously quite funny. Elieen treated clarence, jwo and i to cartel. 21st birthday treats. Thanks elieen:) LADC was quite sian cos there wasn't many people to dance with (think world cup) and i wasn't in the mood.

.
..
...

I realised that my salsa follows closely to a sine curve. First it starts out real sucky then for some reason, like new moves or great partners, starts to improve slowly. I'll enjoy dancing more and more until it reaches a peak. Recently, it was the KL trip.

However, after a while at the top, my salsa starts to slip. I start to lose focus, my turn patterns become boring, and i don't enjoy my dances. I also start to pick on my dancing and find fault with my self. I'm at this stage right now.

Im getting bored of my own routines. I find my footwork screwed up no matter how hard i try to convince myself that it's ok. My focus and energy level seems to be ebbing away... ...

My salsa dancing seems bland to me now. I think it looks ugly and it sucks. I seem to have lost my flair... if i had any to start with... grumble grumble grumble

I need something or someone to give me a kick in de ass (figuratively oki.. pls dont come up to me in de middle of the street and kick my behind...lol). I need to get inspiration. With the competition just round the corner, i need it now more then ever.

I seriously need to get some " OMMPH!" back in salsa and my life...

Oh wells at least we are going shopping later for our competition wear. Time to buy new clothes and look nice :)

Btw, Germany won Coasta Rica 4 : 2.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home